Silver Chelles, Antigua
Have you visited Silver Chelles boutique in Redcliffe Quay? If so you may well have noticed our clever little bench outside the shop.
It is ‘The Bench’ of many uses:
1. The Ice cream Bench – with an Ice cream parlour just opposite, Silver Chelle’s Bench is a draw for those wishing to sit and enjoy their ice cream whilst looking at our window displays.
2. The Wine O’clock Bench – I have been known to partake in the odd glass of cold white wine when friends come by. Well, why not?
3. The Man Bench – Looking at jewellery for a lot of men has the same attraction as women wanting to accompany their man to take a look at the latest Black and Decker Sander or drill in the local DIY store. A lot of men (not all I may add) generally last about 5 minutes in the shop looking at jewellery. They then leave the ladies to it, stating, call me when you need my credit card! They then peacefully rest their weary feet and watch the world go by on ‘The Man Bench’ outside Silver Chelles boutique. There have been many calls for the installation of a beer fridge underneath! Watch this space!
4. The Honeymoon & Lovers Bench – a few smooches and cuddles have been witnessed at Silver Chelles.
5. The Chill Out Bench – “Mums in the shop, let’s just hang out here”
6. The Music Bench – Buskers, Local school children, what better place than at Silver Chelles to make music!
7. The Animal Lover Bench – we get quite a few canine friends come by. Some just wag their tail in the hope of a biscuit, others are very photogenic. Meet Sam the camera lover, and the lovely couple, Max & Cindy.
8. The Festive Bench – once a year, Santa pays Silver Chelles a visit and lends us a hat or two!
9. The Family, Friends & Customers Bench – Yep, you can’t go by Silver Chelles without having your picture taken